I'm ready to tackle this again.
I mean, seriously... you'd think it would be enough that I'm SOOOOO depressed about being overweight, tired, and fed up with limited clothing choices.
When I have to carry something heavy (15-30 pounds) for any length of time, I just say to myself, "You are carrying around 50 extra pounds at all times!!! Why don't you see if you feel any different WITHOUT doing that?!"
So here goes... again.
It's December 1st. The research I did to prepare for this re-start is that I looked up a lot of articles on the subject of eating for a healthy brain.
They all had the following suggested foods in common:
- Blueberries (Berries)
- Wild salmon (mackerel, tuna, and other fish are rich in heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids)
- Nuts and seeds (Sunflower seeds)
- Whole grains
- Pomegranate juice
- Freshly brewed tea
- Oil-based salad dressings
- Peanuts and peanut butter
- Dark green leafy vegetables (Kale, collard greens, spinach, and broccoli)
- Red wine