Saturday, April 14, 2012

Day 2

Today I didn’t do what I know I’m supposed to do… what’s best for my body.

Instead of getting up and having breakfast or even something to drink, I started working right away.

Then, I had to run an errand and suddenly realized it was 10am and there’s no way I could go until noon without eating, so I grabbed the only thing that was convenient enough to eat in the car, which turned out to be some leftover fish.

It was about:

  • 3oz of grilled Ahi


When I got home, I made a salad:

  • Organic romaine
  • Organic cucumber
  • Organic tomatoes
  • Feta
  • Kalamata olives
  • Organic pine nuts
  • Organic onion
  • Pepper
  • Organic olive oil
  • Organic rice vinegar


I’m a saltaholic so cutting way down on my salt consumption will probably be a healthy thing for me to do. So no added table salt on my salad, but the feta and olives have enough to satisfy my craving.

And as expected, I got “full” of my salad, but 30 minutes later was hungry.

So I ate a snack:

  • A few rice crackers with
  • Organic peanut butter


Then while I was making dinner, I had another small snack:

  • Small bowl of organic oats cereal
  • Organic almond milk


For dinner, I actually cooked something. It was an eggplant and tofu casserole:

  • Eggplant
  • Organic tofu
  • Organic marinara
  • Organic onions/garlic
  • Half a piece of sprouted bread (made into breadcrumbs)


It was okay, but I served it over:

  • Organic quinoa


Then finished the rest of my salad from earlier.

Its 6:30pm now and I can feel that my body thinks I’m hungry. I’m actually not hungry, but the urge to eat is pretty strong.

Seeing as how I didn’t have much fresh anything today, I should munch on some fruits or veggies. But instead I have a (bigger this time) bowl of:

  • Organic whole grain cereal
  • Organic almond milk


I don’t really like the taste of almond milk, but it’s the only substitute at the moment for cow’s milk.

And now I’m going to bed and although I didn’t eat as many fresh things as I wanted and I totally didn’t hydrate properly, I did stick to plan so I’m okay for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment