Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Day 6


So today I’m trying soy milk rather than almond milk.  So far, I think the taste is milder, which works for me.

I’d like to thank the people who are leaving comments.  It’s kind of odd because no one knows about this blog (as in, I didn’t tell anyone), and yet some of you have found it and are being so helpful and encouraging.

Elisa, you’re right… I need to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables.  I’ll work on that tomorrow for sure.

I’m going to start high-lighting the fresh foods I eat so it’s more noticeable to me.  I want 50% of what I eat to be raw.

Cortney, congrats on your month of plant-based eating!  I'm going to look into those books.

Today I did drink a lot of water.  Thank goodness.

Oh, and I went to the gym today and I’m down three pounds.  Not going to get excited yet, though… not until I see a consistent, steady downward trend.

Leaving the gym was interesting... on my way out is a Wendy's, a Taco Bell, and a Panda Express.  And yes, I love all three of those.  Yeah, I know... bad, bad, bad.  But at least I'm honest.  

No, not slipping off the wagon.  Yay me!  But when I say I'm feeling a little deprived, it's in relation to things I used to eat.  I mean, I'd put an entire tablespoon (or more!) of butter on a piece of toast or half an English muffin.  Seriously, I should weigh about 400 pounds.  Three taco supremes?  No problem.  Mmmm...  But that's my former self, hopefully.

Today's food:

Breakfast:
  • Whole grain cereal with soy milk


Snack:
  • Raw walnuts, raisins


Lunch:
  • ½  lentil/cabbage wrap
  • Popcorn with olive oil


Snack:
  • ½  lentil/cabbage wrap


Dinner:
  • Black beans, rice, salsa, soy cheese
  • Salad: romaine, tomato, cucumber, olives, oil, vinegar


Dessert:
  • ½ spelt muffin with peanut butter and jam

1 comment:

  1. FYI: I just started reading Kathy Freston's The Lean today. I think you might like it and find it helpful.

    ReplyDelete